If you have forgotten the username and password required to access the admin panel of your router or modem, there are a few things you can do:
Default Username and Password
Many people do not know the default username and password of their router. Login information becomes necessary only when needed. You don’t need to know your default username and password by heart, because finding them is extremely easy. For this, you can take a look at the user manual that came with your device. If you can’t find the user manual, check the label on the back of your device. You will surely find your default username and password in one of them. If these methods did not work, you can take a look at our default username and password list for the routers we have prepared for you.
Perform a Factory Reset
If you have changed your password before and you cannot remember it now, you can fix this problem only by resetting your device to factory settings. All information will be reset when you reset your router. This way, you can log in using the default username and password. To factory reset your device, follow these steps:
- Find an small and thin object like a needle or toothpick.
- Locate the RESET button on the back of your device.
- Hold down the reset button for a few seconds with the needle or toothpick.
- Release when your device lights start flashing.
- After about 1 minute, your device will be reset and restarted.
- You can now log in to the admin panel using the default username and password.